13/08/2014



The last week we’ve noticed a nip in the air at night which is prompting thoughts of Autumn... The summer bedding has nearly sold out and we’re starting to see some of our favourite Autumn bedding plants become available. It does seem early but I have found if you get them planted by the end of September they have plenty of time to grow into stronger, larger plants whilst it’s still warm and as a result flower much better throughout the winter. I was really impressed (even if I do say so myself!) with our Belgian Chrysanthemums this year, they are really chunky plants and look almost like box topiary balls their habit is so neat.



We will also be taking delivery of the first spring flowering bulbs in the next few weeks. These packed bulbs are the most economical way of getting a beautiful display in the spring. I love planting them in Autumn, forgetting about them then enjoying the surprises as they flower from January through to May. My favourites are the miniature daffodils, my husband loves the dwarf irises.



Emma

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.