05/02/2014



On with the next project for this year. Last year we laid our square front garden to lawn and dug a 3ft border around three sides and used a layer of breeze-blocks as a wall, all year I’ve looked at the blocks hoping they would start to blend in but alas no!



Well I’ve taken a drastic decision and am going to paint the wall black with an outdoor masonry paint as soon as it’s a nice sunny day. There is method to my madness as I’m going to go for a Japanese theme.

I’ve already got a Fatsia (Castor Oil Plant) in one of the corners and Japanese maples, and I’ve been looking at some of the miniature black and variegated grasses and bamboos to plant hanging over the blocks. As a focal point I’m going to grow three box balls and try a bit of topiary! I’ve got two large red planters that I’ll fill with white azaleas.

Lin

our keen amateur gardener!


Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.