15/01/2014



I’m afraid I’ve been rather lazy since the Autumn and I really haven’t been caring for all my house plants, my cymbidium orchids prefer the cooler conditions of my conservatory and like to be moist, though not overwatered, but I haven’t watered them at all!!! So I’ve dunked them in a bowl of water until the pot felt heavy and allowed them to drain before putting them back on their tray of new gravel.




I also checked some of the pots outside and a couple sheltered by a wall are bone dry even after all this wet weather so it may be worth checking all your planters, if alternatively they are under water use a few bricks or Patio container feet to raise them up to avoid them sitting in the wet. I’ve also had a bit of a clean up of all my containers and cut back leaves and removed debris, I’ve spruced them up by covering them with gravel as I had some left over from the house plant trays!

Lin 
Our keen amateur gardener!

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.