20/02/2013

With spring just around the corner and the first few days of proper sunny weather I’m thinking about which vegetables I can start sowing. Because we have a flat and no greenhouse I don’t really have room to start plants off inside so I’ll need to start with some I can direct sow and buy little ready started seedlings in a few weeks time when they come into the centres. This weekend I’ll be turning over the bed that I left plant free over the winter ready for some tough little spinach seeds that can be direct sown now. I’ll then clear out the last leeks and chard from the other bed and manure it ready for some beans and salad vegetables later on in the year once the weathers warmed up.
If you’re lucky enough to have a greenhouse seed sowing should now be well under way for hardier vegetables such as broad beans, broccoli, cabbages, leeks and peas. Tomatoes and peppers can also be started off now as they need a longer time to grow before they produce anything. If you have any disasters with your home-grown seedlings don’t worry. We’ll have a wide range of ready grown veg seedlings in stock from the end of this month for most of the planting season.

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.