05/06/2013

We had another busy day in the garden this weekend. A couple of weeks ago my husband noticed some bare patches in the lawn so we thought it an ideal opportunity to try out some patch magic lawn repair. This week after mowing we definitely noticed the difference; the bare patches are full of new grass & are hardly noticeable now.
I spent some time cropping my first radishes & sowing some more along with some turnips, leeks & basil & thinned out the lettuce seedlings that have finally made an appearance. The ready sown salad leaf & spinach seedlings I bought are romping away, I should be able to start picking some leaves next week... Yum!
The rest of the garden is coming on too, my dahlias are finally making an appearance & the perennials I put in a few months back are really coming on. I particularly like the geranium ‘Brookside’. It’s a good doer, scrambling around & producing the most vivid blue flowers, once it’s finished its first flush I’ll cut it back & it’ll bloom again within a few weeks.

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.