26/06/2013

I’m very pleased to be cropping a decent amount of vegetables from the garden at last. My spinach and cut and come again salad leaves have gone beserk so I shouldn’t need to buy any for quite some time now.

My beans are showing real promise, tying in the new growth to the supports has become an almost daily job now and they are quite the envy of my Dad whose beans are struggling this year. His aren’t ideally placed to make the most of the sun all day and he didn’t put as much time into preparing the soil as I did which goes to show it’s worth the effort.
I’m also reaping the rewards of putting in the same effort with preparation for my strawberries. Last year, in their first year, I removed any flowers to stop them producing fruit so they could put their energy into growing into strong healthy plants – This year they are laden with fruit which I can’t wait try!

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.