16/05/2013

I’ve managed to find some time to keep up in my garden this week-end. We popped in to John Browns to pick up a few extra plants. My husband made a detour into the BBQ area and picked up a griddle which we christened with some aubergine and mushrooms that evening and he also rather liked the carnivorous ‘Pitcher’ plants that Becky (our houseplant expert) had got hold of that week. They’re perfect for adding a bit of life to his office which is brightly lit and warm, he just needs to keep them damp at all times using rainwater which they’ll thrive on.

I picked up some mixed salad leaves and some bush French beans to fill the gaps in our veg beds and some of my favourite annuals - ‘Cerinthe’ or ‘Honeybush’ - that Gemma our Plant manager managed to track down for me. These amazing plants have glaucous green leaves that contrast beautifully with the dusky blue/purple flowers and were introduced to me when I was just starting out as a gardener by a favourite and very knowledgeable customer. They’re quite large and bushy – around 60cm (24”) - great for filling gaps and bees and butterflies love almost as much as I do!

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.