20/06/2012

The unusually damp weather has led to a population explosion of slugs and snails. I was most disappointed to come home to find my beans that had been so full of promise now looking chewed and rather sorry for themselves despite being in a gro bag and in the middle of my decking. I don’t like to use too many chemicals in the garden but its either slug pellets or an empty gro bag and they do work. I am careful where I place them and ensure that I clear up any of the dead wee beasties once the pellets have done their stuff so that other animals don’t come to harm if they eat them. There is a school of thought that birds find pelleted slugs and snails dry and unpalatable but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.