04/10/2011

WI Group

We had another busy week at Golden Acres last week. At our John Browns Garden Centre we held an afternoon for the Absolutely WI group from Ferndown on Thursday. The ladies enjoyed a tour around the centre & to find out a bit about what happens behind the scenes to get the products on the shelves & benches, then a delicious cream tea to set us up for a Gardeners question time session afterward. Pete Wood our Plant manager from West Parley & one of our favourite suppliers from a nursery on the Isle of Purbeck, Bob Hollister, joined me on the panel where the ladies really put us through our paces with some tough questions. Pete & Bob both spent a few years in training at the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew so no pressure for me then! I think I held my own reasonably well...


Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops
All 4 of our Garden Centres have a coffee shop with a wide variety of hot and cold beverages, cakes, pasteries and many more. Look out for our special offers.